"Carrot and Beet Salad"
- 1 bag of mixed greens or a
combination of leaf lettuce
any variety, romaine, kale or
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded beets
beets about 3 inches in
- remove the leaves, wash and
steam for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and remove the skin and root.
- If you can buy organic vegetables, we highly recommend that you do so
- You want to make sure to wash your greens thoroughly and have them as dry as possible for your salad bowl
- Mix the greens together add the carrots and the beets
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and squeeze a fresh lemon on
- Salt to taste